View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #162
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
I think management did not open up competition because we are too heavily invested in Schaub as our franchise QB. It would not reflect well on this franchise if we were to shell out big bucks and 2 first day draft picks to get a backup quarterback. But, this is not a reflection on Sage. Management chose not to open up competition when Carr was the starter also. Anyone care to make the argument that Carr is a better quarterback than Sage?

Commander Cody's career stats: 21 TD, 28 INT
Sage Rosenfels' career stats: 24 TD, 19 INT

Sage already has more TDs and much fewer INTs. Oh well, lets not let facts get in the way.

Im not saying Sage would make an excellent commander in chief, but I think McCain or Obama should at least tap him as VP because he is a hell of a backup
OK... I know this isn't going to do me any good but I'll explain.

Cody was asked to throw the ball. ALOT. We had Cody throwing the ball as many as 40 times a game. The run and shoot offense was also very interception prone. I don't know if you remember much of it, but basically the QB and the receiver both had reads. Not on some plays... not like an option... and sometimes they have more than one read in one play... that is why Moon threw so many interceptions. If the QB and the receiver don't make the same read... or same two reads... wow you're in trouble..... ball might be on the other side of the field. When Moon left, Cody was expected to take over. We thought he'd be the man for a few years at least. He lasted 4 games in 94... then started one more later... I believe he was 0-5 that year...

The similarity between Cody and Sage is real. Cody played very well against bad teams. He always struggled against quality teams though. Even though this league is described as a league of parity, its not. It is a league of parity between years... but not in them. Yeah you'll have your have your exceptions, that kind of prove the rule... but in general there IS a difference between beating a bad team and a good team.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote