View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #160
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Yep exceeded my expectations because I had none for him.

Mike obviously management agrees or else they would've had Sage at least compete for the spot. Obviously Kubiak whom has made some other mediocre QB's look like starters Griese, Brister at times, and Plummer under control.
I think management did not open up competition because we are too heavily invested in Schaub as our franchise QB. It would not reflect well on this franchise if we were to shell out big bucks and 2 first day draft picks to get a backup quarterback. But, this is not a reflection on Sage. Management chose not to open up competition when Carr was the starter also. Anyone care to make the argument that Carr is a better quarterback than Sage?
Quote:
This isn't even a Flutie/ Rob Johnson debate. Sage has Commander Cody 2.0 all written over him.
Commander Cody's career stats: 21 TD, 28 INT
Sage Rosenfels' career stats: 24 TD, 19 INT

Sage already has more TDs and much fewer INTs. Oh well, lets not let facts get in the way.

Im not saying Sage would make an excellent commander in chief, but I think McCain or Obama should at least tap him as VP because he is a hell of a backup