View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #159
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I understand that you may not value a play-off appearance, if it doesn't lead to the SuperBowl. But I believe a play-off appearance(win or lose) would have worked pretty well, with all the talk Kubiak has been spewing.
Its not that I wouldn't value the opportunity to go to the playoffs. I'd love that at this point. But my job isn't to build a team. Though I like to think I could run a team... I don't.

If I were building a team... given the choice between holding onto a piece of the team that might squeek me into the playoffs if plan A didn't work... or I had the opportunity to add a player to plan A for the next several years... I'm going to add that player every time.

Now if I thought my backup might become my starter... or my team was good enough that I could win consistently with my backup.... my thinking would be different... but he won't be here after 09 (thanks for the correction)...

We've got a young team, and while winning is important... if you have a chance to build for the future... and not take away from PLAN A... then that's what you've got to do.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote