View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #155
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Sage tries to make plays. He makes mistakes. Alot of mistakes.
You're right, that takes him out of the Trent Dilfer category.... But Brad Johnson was no game manager. He actually is/was a lot like Sage. Only Sage didn't have the arm, or the height.

IMHO if you've got playmakers at the receiver position, like AJ, like hopefully Jacoby, you want a guy who will take a chance every now and again.

Think Bret Farve.... he wouldn't be the HOFer he is, had he not had Sterling Sharpe.

But that's neither here nor there.

Quote:
Oh and there's the fact that those two teams had the most dominant defenses I've ever seen live.
Hopefully, they'll be saying this about our defense after this season.

Quote:

I'll look for the numbers I did on past superbowl winners. Its remarkable. On average once-twice every 10 years you have a dominant defense win a SB with an average QB. Unless I've got the dominant defense in place, I'll try to build the way the other 80% do it rather than hedging my bet on the 20% chance of success...

that's just me though.

Mike
Seriously, some good points. But I forgot what we were arguing to begin with.
Quote:
Oh.... I forgot about Sage's record.

Who did he beat? remind me again please.

Ok now that you've started to type the names of the teams he beat and realized that argument holds no water.....
Who gives a shitz?? Wins are wins, and a few more of those dopey wins would have got us into the play-offs.

I understand that you may not value a play-off appearance, if it doesn't lead to the SuperBowl. But I believe a play-off appearance(win or lose) would have worked pretty well, with all the talk Kubiak has been spewing.