View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #152
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80689 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

But I wouldn't do it until I know for sure that Schaub has enough of that toughness that we're looking for.
That's the part I have a problem with. If Schaub's not the guy... I don't think Sage is either. Why keep him around? If someone gives you the option to get a piece of the puzzle you may need to improve your team, I think you trade your backup plan away for that.

Had we gone 10-6 last year, looked really good and thought we had a shot to go deep into the playoffs coming in... my attitude would be different. Sage is a steal for a team like that. But we're trying to get to that point now. And SAGE WILL NOT BE HERE NEXT YEAR.

Lets take the worst case scenario.. Schaub gets hurt play one game one (knock on wood). Then lets say Sage takes us to an 9-7 record. Now you're screwed. You can't count on Matt, you just gave Sage the best audition he could ask for on the free agent market... you have absolutely nothing (except like a 5th round compensatory pick at best). Sure, sage kept you from going 6-10. Sure you played meaningful games in December. But now you have no QB to go with that scenario.

That's the best I can explain my philosophy.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote