View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #150
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I would suggest that we are overvalue our own players. Look back in the past. Even now. Lets make some assumptions.

First of all. IMHO if Schaub isn't the answer, then the answer lies in college somewhere. In other words, I don't think management thinks that Sage is superbowl quality. Schaub may or may not be, but Sage isn't. That means that I am assuming, based on the fact that we had Sage on our roster and still went and spent two picks on Schaub, that Sage isn't our QB of the future.

Furthermore I am assuming that if Schaub goes down for a significant period of time, that we're in trouble this year. In order to make a serious run at the playoffs, we're going to have to have a) Schaub stay healthy and b) Schaub play better than he or Sage played last year.
Sage is not the "QB of the future" that much is true. Doesnt mean we cant make a run at the playoffs or even the superbowl with Sage at the helm. If Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are superbowl quality QBs, then I dont see any reason to say Sage is not a superbowl quality quarterback.

You do realize, Sage was 4-1 as our starting quarterback. Winning 4 out of 5 games is not a bad record, if we can win at that pace the Texans would definitely be in the playoffs. So while your first assumption is rather dubious, your second assumption is downright incorrect.