View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #149
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Well where I was going with that was this. There would have been more value for us in the 2nd round than Sage presented. Does anyone have any delusions that he's going to be here next year and beyond? I know it wasn't offered... but how much would you like a guy like Matt Forte? (earlier I was looking at the 26th pick instead of the 17th it would have been)

If your desire is to win as many games as possible now, and Matt gets hurt... then they're right (whoever they is)... no way you move Sage. But if your idea is build through the draft and develop a team that can be successful for the next 5-8 years.... I think if Minni offers you a 2nd you have to take it. You stand a real good chance to get a starter or a guy who plays significant minutes and contributes, possibly to a very good season. If Contributes, its to another 6 to 9 win season...

Just MHO.

Mike
The two of us on the old TT board were wanting Schaub. I can't remember if you put a number on a trade. But I was only willing to give our 3rd.
(The Falcons had not received any offer higher than that! And there are only so many teams that run the WCO).

But if our FOs were willing to stick their neck out, I'd go along. Even though I still don't like the equivalent of #22 or #23 in the first round, and a big contract to go with it.

And to think that Kubiak and Smith are well familiar with a guy named Griese from the Broncos days, very talented. I don't know how he incurred all those injuries throughout his career.
Fact is when you choose your QB, you need to find out all you can about his toughness.
(I remember reading Ditka's book, how he would rather go with a guy like Jim McMahon.)

But as long as Schaub is here, I said I will support him until he shows real signs of regressing.
Same goes for Sage.
Schaub is a better fit in our offense, IMO.

But yeah, it's a business.
A second rounder from the Vikes is well worth considering.
But I wouldn't do it until I know for sure that Schaub has enough of that toughness that we're looking for.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote