View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #148
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I'll give you all the assumptions.

Sage is not a great QB.
Schaub needs to stay healthy to prove his worth.

But then again, there are several teams that played the SB without a great QB.

Defense wins championship, the old saying still stands.
Well where I was going with that was this. There would have been more value for us in the 2nd round than Sage presented. Does anyone have any delusions that he's going to be here next year and beyond? I know it wasn't offered... but how much would you like a guy like Matt Forte? (earlier I was looking at the 26th pick instead of the 17th it would have been)

If your desire is to win as many games as possible now, and Matt gets hurt... then they're right (whoever they is)... no way you move Sage. But if your idea is build through the draft and develop a team that can be successful for the next 5-8 years.... I think if Minni offers you a 2nd you have to take it. You stand a real good chance to get a starter or a guy who plays significant minutes and contributes, possibly to a very good season. If Contributes, its to another 6 to 9 win season...

Just MHO.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote