Thread: DeMeco Chat
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeMeco Chat

Ya know, TK, I believed it was during the Broncos/Colts game that I heard the commentator talk about how smart Cutler is. He has to digest a new playbook by Shanahan each week, and it's something like 186 pages. That Shanahan has well over a thousand plays... That Cutler has a strong arm... Accurate... Exceptional mobility... When he led his HS team to the state championship, he played both ways. I would assume that it was MLB, 'cause the guy made 19 tackles. Quite a feat.

So much for the introduction.
Now comes reality.
Broncos @ Texans again.
1st qtr 7:56 mark, 2nd and 9
Broncos in standard Power I formation.
2 wide outs. TE on the right.
C,QB,FB,RB all in a column.

Texans in 4-3.
They walk the LB (Anderson) up the weak side and show blitz.

Broncos ran the ZBS fake to the strong side with the RB.

That left Anderson one on one with Cutler who dropped back about 7 yards. Anderson was right in his face as Cutler desperately tried to make a throw across his body while backpedaling.
The FB sprang to the left, Demeco was right on him. Demeco had a hand on the ball and Cutler was on the floor.

Here's the exchange between the play by play guy and the commentator:

here's some pressure and knocked down and almost picked off it goes incomplete.

Yeah and what happens when you're a young QB, you do stupid things just like that, I mean.
You can't do this. Jay Cutler saw the pressure coming, just lob it up in the air. Really fortunate it wasn't intercepted right there. You just either take it (and run) or throw it all the way out of bound in that situation or take the sack, but that shoulda been picked.

Ya know, over a thousand plays in the book.
Your team is not going anywhere this season.
Why risk injury to your franchise QB on a 2nd or 3rd and long situation where you know the D will be coming.

The risk/reward is just not there, IMHO.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote