Thread: DeMeco Chat
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: DeMeco Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Let start from the beginning, K!

Specifics:
1. Straight drop back pass.
2. I mentioned several areas that need protection, but key on the most dangerous one: The C gap, specifically when the Offensive line flow is to the right, thus leaving the gap wide open.
3. It involves a run fake to the right.
(We're talking about the ZBS scheme looking the same whether pass or run.)

The Broncos tried this exact same play the last time they were at Reliant.
They ran the ZBS and fake a run to the right.
Mario was left open and he shot through the C gap to sack Cutler and put him squarely on his back.

That is the danger I don't want to see MS or Sage go through.

The principles apply whether it's a 3-4 or 4-3, wherether the LB(s) stunt or blitz. If one LB comes up in the 3-4, he is simply regarded as another lineman for all intended purposes.
If 2 LBs come up, see my mentioning "extra defender".
We don't have to leave the main topic to get involve in a year long discussion.
Let's just hope that Schaub/Sage are as smart as you are, and have an eye on that "free" pass rusher, and throws it away.