View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #140
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
So they're the exact same thing except different by your resoning. (I love when people bring back the 3rd grade reasoning, it just clears everything up for the rest of us)
I don't know if this is fair. It's a direct insult to GP, and he definitely doesn't deserve this. His point, is that Matt & Sage are the same type of QB. & there are some similarities to their game. Neither have rocket arms, though they can both throw far enough downfield. They're both technically sound, and understand the game, and the system.

Quote:
Scaub is better then Sage, and I'm a big Sage fan its just that, if Schaub can stay healthy I can't see why that chemistry seen between him and AJ in those 4 games they did play together won't be reinstated into his game (if your looking for stats AJ got 23 copletions 419 yards and 4 TD catches.
What can you point to, to say that Schaub is better than Sage?? I didn't see him play better than Sage.

I think Sage is a bit more of a Gambler, so he is more likely to force the ball, leading to more interceptions. I'm not saying Sage is in the same class a Bret Farve(it took me 16 years to actually appreciate Bret's game), but I personally don't have a problem with the gunslinger mentallity. With recievers like ours(AJ at least, Jacoby hopefully), I actually prefer it.

Quote:
I can't disagree with the rest of your post though. I personally don't think Schaub will have a injury plagued career but seeing as Sage is still in town I tend to think that the FO still have there doubts. Sage is a good QB and should get a chance to start after this year plenty of teams have needs under center. (KC, CHI, MIN, possibly CAR if Delhomme can't stay healthy)
Sage being a Texan has no reflection on the FOs opinion about Matt. had the team got an offer for a second round pick, Sage would have been gone. In the next few months, if any team would put together a package that holds value to the FO, sage will be gone. If I were the Texans, I'd offer Sage for Ricky Williams straight up. Hell, I'd offer Sage, & Ahman Green for Ricky Williams.

But I have no problem seeing where GP is coming from. Matt only took a small(relatively speaking) number of hits. Two were pretty good shots, both resulted in injury.

I'm not saying he's got a glass jaw or anything, but he is definitely no man of steel.