View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #37
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the Texans statistical finish: Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Wow, you have such flawed logic, I don't know where to start:

1.Who cares what Cowboy fans think about Reeves? Have you ever talked to one of them? Reeves is a scapegoat in Dallas because he was undrafted, he played poorly in the playoff game, and because they have to blame somebody when they lose because they feel entitled to win every game.

2.Who cares about Probowls?... let's see, Roy Williams has been to 5 probowls in 7 season, he's under 30 years old, and if you listen to Cowboy fans, they LOVE him! According to your criteria, we should trade our entire '09 draft to steal this guy away from Dallas.

3.There is a reason why Philadelphia is willing to trade away Sheppard.
a. generosity- they'd like to see Houston succeed because we're a bunch of well-deserving fans?
b. CBs aren't important in order to succeed in the NFC east?
c. They've decided to give up on '08 and rebuild?
d. His attitude or skills have diminished and they see a 2nd round pick as good value for him?
e. They have significant concerns about his ability to stay healthy?
f. It's a boring off-season and they're looking for something to do?

4. We traded two first day picks in order to get Phillip Buchanan, then we eliminated his potential competition at the position and handed him the job, unearned. Reeves didn't cost the team any picks nor does his contract prohibit the team from making other moves. And, he'll only make his way on the field if he earns it. And, he's not coming in thinking he's already a great player. He's here to work and improve and become a better player.

As a fan of a historically bad team, I can relate to skepticism or even cynicism. That being said, there are better ways to handle your fear of disappointment than by wildly criticising every decision being made and every piece of the puzzle without justification.
Your telling me that my logic is bad for wanting a proven player like Sheppard at a very important position at CB, but yet your trying to make a case for Reeves?? Wow!

And if you're going to act like making the pro bowl means nothing, then I don't know why I'm wasting my time here. You used Roy Williams as your great example. Like I didn't know that was coming. I guess because he made a few pro bowls where he didn't belong then everyone else who goes doesn't deserve to be there right? And if you think that the majority of Cowboy fans are all ga ga over Roy Will, then have you been living under a rock? All I hear is Cowboy fans swearing against the guy. This isn't 2003 anymore.

And how you can say that teams in the NFC East don't need good CB's to succeed is mind boggling. I guess that's why the Eagles just paid the piper for Samuel. The fact is that they thought they were upgrading by getting Samuel, and they still have Sheldon Brown which gives them 3 really good CB's right now. They can afford to let go of Sheppard, and that is the only reason why they thought about getting rid of him in the first place. In the NFC East, you have the Eagles who throw the ball a lot, the Cowboys who have a QB that almost threw for 40 TD passes and a guy by the name of TO, and the Giants who aren't to shabby when it comes to passing either. So how you say that teams in the NFC East don't need good CB's is insane. Why do you think CB's are getting paid so much these days?

And as for your last paragraph, I hope you do support the team depsite their poor history. So do I and many others, but that doesn't mean that fans aren't allowed to question moves made by management. Swallowing anything that management says or does is called blind loyalty. I thought the Colvin signing was great and the Davis one as well, but of course you'll disregard that part right?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote