View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com prediction Texans 6-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't know if you can't read or if you just choose to quote people out of context, but I never called anything failure or said expectations were SB bound. So don't try that pathetic arguement against me when I never said anything close to that.

Don't assume you know me or know what I know about the Texans position and where the franchise was headed. That was my point. I thought they were headed backwards instead of forward at the time, and many people like you called me crazy because I wasn't an optimist just for the sake of being an optimist because that's the team I root for. I'll still remain objective and make predictions with what I see and not just from my heart.

I haven't bashed Kubiak or Smith one time in here so before the next person slides in here acting like I'm bashing them simply for not putting all faith in god in a coach and GM that have been here only two years actually read the post and interpret what I said and stated. I said they both have done a decent job and there hasn't been any over achieving thus far to point out. They have improved to an average team at 8-8. Decent job.

The bottom line is that the Texans still have a lot of issues, and the scout.com put 6-10 as a prediction for a reason. Personally, I think it's a bit harsh but it is a possiblity that it could be correct. I'm thinking more 7-9 to 9-7 at best but it could go either way. I'm not blind to some of the holes this team has and the needs that are still out there.

Maybe I miss-read due to your insistence on bold type.. But then again, where did I mis-quote you? If you were talking about the first part of my previous post, that was quoted to another member...

Secondly, I over-dramatized what you were saying for exageration sake in the same way you had done in your previous post. So talk about the
I think we all get it now. You would like us to know that you are the ultimate pessimist. No worries. That's cool. I don't think there is one person here that is such a homer that they beleive the Texans are poised to go to the Super Bowl yet, because we ALL are smart enough to know that there are (as you put it) 'holes' to fill yet. Not the point, though. The point is that this rag predicted the Texans to regress based on what? Nothing. Just another hack spewing forth in the offseason. As someone mentioned in another thread; the NFL is up and down. I think he (Cak??) mentioned that approximately half the teams that make the playoffs one year miss out the next year. If this true (or close) than one could surmize that the Texans WON"T be facing 7 playoff teams this year. Point being this guy has nothing other than his own speculation to base his opinions on.

Finally;
Beleive me, I would never assume to know you or anyone like you who would disregard a mod's (and other respected members) suggestion of using a little post etiquette. I'm getting a sense that some of your posts will start getting a response of: