View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #36
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the Texans statistical finish: Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yes, he's had injury problems but nothing major. NOthing to be real fearful of.

Again, we don't know exactly how Robinson is going to rebound after this injury though. He probably will be the same guy but there is some question that he won't be. Hopefeully he will be.

Now Bennett, I'm excited about for the future.

Now Reeves was a waste of a signing. That was like taking Phillip Buchanon all over again. Cowboys fans were extremely happy to get rid of that guy, and he was always getting burnt.

Again, Lito has had a few injuries but nothing major. I'll take a young guy that has been to two pro bowls early in his career any day. Last time I checked the Texans don't have any CB's on their roster that have made the pro bowl before.
Wow, you have such flawed logic, I don't know where to start:

1.Who cares what Cowboy fans think about Reeves? Have you ever talked to one of them? Reeves is a scapegoat in Dallas because he was undrafted, he played poorly in the playoff game, and because they have to blame somebody when they lose because they feel entitled to win every game.

2.Who cares about Probowls?... let's see, Roy Williams has been to 5 probowls in 7 season, he's under 30 years old, and if you listen to Cowboy fans, they LOVE him! According to your criteria, we should trade our entire '09 draft to steal this guy away from Dallas.

3.There is a reason why Philadelphia is willing to trade away Sheppard.
a. generosity- they'd like to see Houston succeed because we're a bunch of well-deserving fans?
b. CBs aren't important in order to succeed in the NFC east?
c. They've decided to give up on '08 and rebuild?
d. His attitude or skills have diminished and they see a 2nd round pick as good value for him?
e. They have significant concerns about his ability to stay healthy?
f. It's a boring off-season and they're looking for something to do?

4. We traded two first day picks in order to get Phillip Buchanan, then we eliminated his potential competition at the position and handed him the job, unearned. Reeves didn't cost the team any picks nor does his contract prohibit the team from making other moves. And, he'll only make his way on the field if he earns it. And, he's not coming in thinking he's already a great player. He's here to work and improve and become a better player.

As a fan of a historically bad team, I can relate to skepticism or even cynicism. That being said, there are better ways to handle your fear of disappointment than by wildly criticising every decision being made and every piece of the puzzle without justification.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote