View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #61
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com prediction Texans 6-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I guess to some people no Super Bowl appearances after two seasons = failure. Or they fail to see the conditions in which Kubiak took this team over with the amount of Dead Money, and the constraints in which to work in against the salary cap hell, that we were headed towards.

1. There is no question 'IF'.

2. "...2-14 Obviously the record was going to improve...?? You really have no idea of how bad of shape this franchise was left in after the C&C Factory departed - huh? Salary Cap issues, with a ton of dead money. Not much talent and certainly NO depth on the roster. In fact, the roster has been drastically overhauled since Smith and Kubiak took the reigns.

While many people did buy into that, with a closer look you would have noticed signs of them imploding. Jamie Sharper made comments about leadership on and off the field (referencing coaching and I am sure HWSRN). The Cleveland game alone that year was enough to send up red flags up. We had Cleveland, here. They weren't that good at the time. The Texans had every reason to come out and win to go 8-8 and yet the team imploded and got destroyed..

As far as phrases "break out years", I think thats a bit cliche', overworked, old and boring. A competitive year and at least in the hunt for the play-offs would be the next stepping stone for me.. As far as claiming Kubiak as "GOD", I haven't seen anyone proclaim that, but I guess that was an over-dramatization for symbolic sake. People have stated their being pleased with the progress Kubiak and Smith have made in two seasons given the constraints mentioned before. Not to mention the fact that both guys are in their very first HC and GM positions ever.
I don't know if you can't read or if you just choose to quote people out of context, but I never called anything failure or said expectations were SB bound. So don't try that pathetic arguement against me when I never said anything close to that.

Don't assume you know me or know what I know about the Texans position and where the franchise was headed. That was my point. I thought they were headed backwards instead of forward at the time, and many people like you called me crazy because I wasn't an optimist just for the sake of being an optimist because that's the team I root for. I'll still remain objective and make predictions with what I see and not just from my heart.

I haven't bashed Kubiak or Smith one time in here so before the next person slides in here acting like I'm bashing them simply for not putting all faith in god in a coach and GM that have been here only two years actually read the post and interpret what I said and stated. I said they both have done a decent job and there hasn't been any over achieving thus far to point out. They have improved to an average team at 8-8. Decent job.

The bottom line is that the Texans still have a lot of issues, and the scout.com put 6-10 as a prediction for a reason. Personally, I think it's a bit harsh but it is a possiblity that it could be correct. I'm thinking more 7-9 to 9-7 at best but it could go either way. I'm not blind to some of the holes this team has and the needs that are still out there.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote