View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #63
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB's - who'll fall within reach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't see it happening. He does not seem like a guy who will ever be able to carry the ball 20 to 25 times a game. I think he could be used much better on a lot of screen passes sort of the way NE would use Kevin Faulk. He could be affective in that sence, but I haven't seen Kubiak use any RB's that way so I don't have any reason to feel confident that they will all of a sudden get real creative with passes to the RB. Is it because we have had really bad ones under Kubiak? Possibly, but I dunno.

I hope you're right, and he makes all kinds of plays but for right now thinking objectively I just don't see it. I was never that impressed with him in college, and he didn't really seem to improve from his sophmore season to his Junior season either.

I think that Kris Brown would have some potential in this scheme, but how long will it be before he's on injured reserve?
Please name the RBs in NFL last season that got 25 carries. I think we will do better splitting 40 attempts or so between 3 backs. I do see Slaton for end arounds, trick plays and sliding in the new ZBS. He should be able to carry the ball as he is solid with burning speed.