View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #55
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com prediction Texans 6-10

Without getting all "grammer nazi" about things it's important to keep in mind that most of the conventions we currently use in writing are there for a reason. It's easier (for most people) to read text that's properly formatted. Most of the rules of the written word are there to make it easier to absorb, not just to satisfy the whims of conformists everywhere.

My dad was terrible about typing in all caps, all the time. He did it because he had trouble seeing and it was easier for him to read it that way. I put up with it because my dad was old and I understood why he was doing it but I also explained to him why he caught so much crap when he posted to the "inter-webs". Bold text (much like caps) doesn't make things any easier for me to read and I have to confess that I don't read it in large blocks. That's just me. You keep posting however you want to post. I'm not going to tell you to do otherwise. I'm just saying that a percentage of people will not read what you write as a result.