View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #50
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com prediction Texans 6-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Three years maybe? You do realize that Smith's original contract was only for three years to begin with, and would have expired after the end of this season don't you?

Right, so what is the problem? Where are you getting this idea that he'll go somewhere else and refuse to re-sign with the Texans if they were to offer him an extension then? Sorry, but there is not a strong consensus around the league that Rick Smith is one of the best GM's around. His name hardly ever is brought up in discussions of top GM's or successful ones for that matter. I don't think the Texans would have a problem re-signing him at all, and I don't think we would have that much competition either. We're stuck with him now, so I hope he does become a fantastic GM, but we'll have to wait and see.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote