View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #48
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com prediction Texans 6-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
...I think we're going to be a much better team this year, but I just don't know if that's going to be reflected in the record. I think we're going to win some by bigger margins and lose some by narrower margins. But I'm expecting a 9-7 season at this point.

I'm just hoping I don't see another meltdown like that Atlanta through San Diego stretch.
i think this is a big factor that will decide if we "live up to our potential." we're a very young team and finishing games and handling adversity are probably the two biggest improvements we can expect as our team matures. I think the results of said maturity will be exactly what you've stated. when we're winning we should be able to pour it on and when we're loosing we should be able to hang in there regardless. BUT I agree that another meltdown is my biggest fear as well. I feel like we are a pretty confident team right now. If we can keep that confidence then I would be shocked to have another slide like that.

It will be exciting/scary/nerve-wracking to see how we come out of the gates. If we play well in those first 5 games it could be the beginning of a HUGE turn for this team. If we don't play well and we find ourselves in a hole right of the bat (which is very possible it will be our maturity or lack thereof that determines how the remaining schedule pans out.

please football gods... no more performances like the Chargers game, or Browns game.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote