View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #138
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

What worries me most about Schaub's injuries last year was that they reoccurred all season long. If you go back to the post-game quotes from last season, Kubiak mentions Schaub being 'dinged up' in one way or another from the Falcons game, when he got smacked and bruised his thigh breaking for the end zone (4th game of the year), basically through the rest of the season. It wasn't just one or two freak tackles, the guy was hurting in one way or another all year from various injuries, and it admittedly affected his play. Now, I understand that a football player is basically never 100% once the season has begun, but Schaub seemed to take more than his fair share of licks and he either couldn't stay on the field, or his play was affected when he could.

If he'd torn a ligament or some freak injury like that to start the season, I wouldn't be too overly concerned about something like that happening again. But it wasn't just a one time deal last year, it was multiple reoccurring, cumulative, lingering injuries. Schaub's still my guy, but as I said before I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that for various reasons he stays healthier this year.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote