View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 366349 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com prediction Texans 6-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
There's been also statistical stuff that shows that past doesn't do a good job in predicting future records--it's over at the Pro-Football-Reference blog somewhere.
I have looked at it the past 3-4 years and approximately two thirds of the league's record changes by 3 or more games each season. These pre-season predictions based on last year's play are silly. On NFLN the other day they said over the past few years half of playoff teams have not made the playoffs the next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The catch is, we have a tougher schedule this year than last
Funny, I have heard that every season since 2002. If this keeps going I guess we will eventually have a schedule of playing the SB winner 16 times in one season.