View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008   #42
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com prediction Texans 6-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
"Here are the players the Texans were playing without:
Starting QB Matt Schaub
Starting RB Ahman Green
Starting C Steve McKinney
Starting OG Fred Weary
Starting DE Anthony Weaver
Starting SS Glenn Earl
Starting CB Dunta Robinson
Starting KR Jerome Mathis "
This is from Maddict5's earlier post-link in this thread.
But wern't most of these players already out for the season (IR) weeks before
the season finale with the Jags ?
True for the most part but I'm kind of split on the topic. On one hand I can't deny that the 2007 Texans would have been a much better team with all those guys healthy and on the field all year long. From a "technically speaking" point of view we were starting a lot of backups too in that game so I feel like the guy in Animal House telling his frat brother "Forget it, he's rolling" when he has the gall to notice that Bluto just said the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

On the other hand many (if not most) of those backups were coming off of weeks of starting in place of the first string guys who were out for the season. If your backup has been playing for 4-5 weeks then you're going to get better than just-off-the-bench play from him. You have a good point.