View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the Texans statistical finish: Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I am inclined to agree really about Reeves. I think some of it is an anti-anything Dallas skew and who he is tagged to at least temporarily replace.

FWIW some people should take what they are saying about Brown going against MW making him better. Reeves was lined up against TO all last year.

Overall we have some nice pieces being brought together and I don't think it can be said Smith doesn't have a good palette to work with like before. I'm not asking for a masterpiece but at the same time I don't want something that looks like paint by numbers.

Going to say 10 on the spot.
Between Faggins (06) and Reeves last year, I don't know who was worse. And I'm inclined to say Reeves was. At the moment I don't have my notes from the seven games I reviewed, but if y'all want me to, I'll get it later.

As far as our D, I believe it will "look" better both on papers and on the field.
Various reasons:
Special team should be as solid, if not better. We have insurance in Slaton.
With good field position, the offense can operate better than otherwise.
On offense, the improvement in the running game will help us stay on the field longer, avoid too many third and long, and be more efficient in the redzone.
I expect us not to have to come back from as many deep holes as last year.
All this will help the defense.

By the same token, the addition of Okam to the rotation and the addition of all the speed in the LB corp will help us defend the run better.
That leads to more third and long situation for the opponents.
All of that will help the defensive backfield as well as increase the sack totals.

A top ten finish is quite possible, IMO.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote