View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008   #59
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB's - who'll fall within reach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't see it happening. He does not seem like a guy who will ever be able to carry the ball 20 to 25 times a game. I think he could be used much better on a lot of screen passes sort of the way NE would use Kevin Faulk. He could be affective in that sence, but I haven't seen Kubiak use any RB's that way so I don't have any reason to feel confident that they will all of a sudden get real creative with passes to the RB. Is it because we have had really bad ones under Kubiak? Possibly, but I dunno.

I hope you're right, and he makes all kinds of plays but for right now thinking objectively I just don't see it. I was never that impressed with him in college, and he didn't really seem to improve from his sophmore season to his Junior season either.

I think that Kris Brown would have some potential in this scheme, but how long will it be before he's on injured reserve?
DD comes to mind when I see Slaton. This time around we have enough talent on offense that we wont kill Slaton and rely on him for 45% of our offensive production.

I don't think any of our RB's are going to get the ball 20-25 times. I still don't think Green makes it to opening day, but even so, Brown, Taylor, and Slaton, there is going to be enough ball for everyone.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote