View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008   #55
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB's - who'll fall within reach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Don't count on that happening with Slaton. It's a reason a lot of teams weren't knocking down the door to draft Slaton. He was losing his job in college, and he really shouldn't have had to come out this year in the draft, but with a lot more carries next year going to other backs than his chances were better to come out this year and that's it's not surprise he went in the third round.

I would have to disagree with this.

His decision to come out probably has something to do with his HC taking the Michigan job. And while Rodriguez was on his way out destroyed every piece of information on every player that played at W. Virginia. I would have jumped ship too, W.V. is going to be in a world of hurt. They are going to have to start from ground zero.

Also, teams draft players that fit there system and Slaton is a zone scheme type back and that is why we saw him fall to us in the third, not necessarily is he a bad player. Ryans fell to us in the second and he was clearly a top 10 talent. It just happens that way. Last year Slaton was considered a 1st round talent and this year he split time and still gained a 1000 yards.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote