View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008   #127
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I disagree... to a point.

We got a QB who was ready to start from day one. No way you're going to get that, in the second round, or the first round for that matter.

I criticize the deal, because I think we already had a QB that could have started for us from day one, and done just as well.

I understand some people think Sage could never get us to the Super Bowl, no knock on Matt, but I don't think our chances have greatly increased when we added him to the roster.
Just so that we're on the same page: I was not saying that I think two second-rounders was too much to pay for Matt. I was only saying that two-second rounders would be too much if we were somehow guaranteed that those picks would have produced two DeMeco-caliber players. Of course, there are no such guarantees, even in the most bountiful of drafts.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote