View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008   #53
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB's - who'll fall within reach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Wow... that's nuts!! I'm happy you are home in one piece.

Yep, go to Youtube and watch some Slaton videos. If he can play like he did as a junior then he could very easily be our home-run hitter for years to come.
Don't count on that happening with Slaton. It's a reason a lot of teams weren't knocking down the door to draft Slaton. He was losing his job in college, and he really shouldn't have had to come out this year in the draft, but with a lot more carries next year going to other backs than his chances were better to come out this year and that's it's not surprise he went in the third round.

Now he does have talent, and he does have that break away potential, but I dunno. I really don't see the Texans offense utilizing him enough to get his best potential.

Who I'd like the Texans to go after is that guy in Denver with the last name Hall. He was like 3rd string last year behind Selvin Young. Every time that guy got in last year he was breaking nice plays. He is really explosive, and has HR hitting potential. He also looked stronger than Selvin Young as well. He obviously knows the same sort of running style that Kubiak is trying to implement so that is another plus. Denver has reloaded with more RB's again right now, so I think we could probably get the guy for next to nothing right now from Shanahan. The guy started one game last year and had 200 all purpose yards.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote