View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008   #123
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Bledsoe played his way out of that spot. That's kind of my point. You don't bring a guy in, pay him a ton of money, and have him sit on the bench. I'll admit its backwards, but he's going to have to play his way off the field

But if you don't do it that way then you wind up with Brooks Bollinger and Chris Redman fighting to see who's the better QB because typically its QBs of that caliber that are looking for "a chance to compete".

Mike
Not that I agree, but I think that is the point some folks are trying to make. They don't think Matt is light-years ahead of Sage right now. And if given an even chance, Sage could win the starter spot.

Talentwise, right now, there isn't light-years difference between the two. But Matt is younger and therefore, theoretically, has more upside. Sage would have to be significantly better, which he isn't at this moment in time, to pull a Romo and bump Matt out of the starter's job.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote