View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008   #121
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Let's see how your memory comports with the facts:

1st possession--no passing attempts inside RZ
2nd possession--never in RZ
3rd possession--never in RZ
4th possession--never in RZ
5th possession--never in RZ
6th possession--never in RZ
7th possession--never in RZ
8th possession--2 incomplete passes from 4 (set up by 24 yard pass)
9th possession--never in RZ

So you are basing your opinion on a single possession. Gotcha.

Well what you bolded is the point. Having AJ made Sage look better. Comparing one QB with AJ and one without is apples and oranges.

I do, but that wasn't the point hence my not saying anything one way or the other above. The point is you were neglecting to consider a key piece of information.

That would be your assumption. It is just as reasonable to believe Kubiak honestly believes Schaub is clearly better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Since when have the Texans capitulated to knee-jerk fans?
What's funny about Rosenfel's situation is that he would have a better chance at being traded had he sat out the camps and OTAs. Because Sage is a class act, the Texans can count on him as a valuable backup and not rocking the boat.

Gary Kubiak believes that Matt Schaub is the better QB. It's his opinion that counts and it's his job that is at stake. I doubt Kubiak is alone in the opinion in the NFL. Schaub's value was two 2nd round draft picks. And that's before he became a NFL starter. Had the Texans been offered two 2nd round draft picks for Rosenfels this offseason, some other fan board would be discussing how good Sage is/isn't.
First Infantry comes in and hits a bunch of body blows and then Lucky comes in with the uppercut and knocks out GP.

Lucky you knowTexans Mgt does this hence we drafted a RB ....... errr Nevermind we drafted the stud DE that was just a workout warrior.