View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008   #115
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Care to give me a team on which the highest paid QB isn't starting? Don't give me Brady, he came in when Bledsoe punctured a lung and the team was rolling. Don't talk about something like the Warner situation. That's the way the league works. Do you really think that it does the team any good to have half of them wanting one QB to start and the other half aligned with a second option? Did Schaub do anything to lose the job last year? Don't give me injuries... I don't think you can be assumed an injury risk after one year. EVERYONE in the NFL thinks this guy can play. The reason I would take a second rounder for Sage is not EVERYONE in the NFL is thinking this kid could be something.

With the exception of high 1st round picks who are sitting and watching, cases where there is a huge disparity in the quality of play or you have two bad QBs, the highest guy is going to play ANYWHERE.

The only thing that makes me biased for Matt is that he is younger. We'll know a lot after this year.

And you may be right, the best QB may not be on the roster yet... but if he is its not Sage.

Mike
Romo over Bledsoe in 06
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote