View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008   #113
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 171989 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
If Brink does well, does anybody think we will see a deadline trade involving Sage? Sage leaves after this year, his contract runs out. So, dish him for a pick or two. Of course, this all hinges on Brink becoming a passable backup.
Brink will do his time on the practice squad; at least this year, maybe next year too.
If someone makes us a decent offer next year, Sage will be traded and Boyd will move up to #2 and Brink to #3. Or if Brink is progressing faster, he and Boyd will compete for the #2 spot.

But I find it hard to see anyone giving up a 2nd rounder for Sage just so he can be a backup. And I don't see any team making him their starter. There are other options already out there, Dilfer, Gray, Culpepper, or Leftwich for example. And if a team is in rebuild mode (see Dolphins or Falcons), they already have the youngster they're grooming for the future.

I like Sage, because he's done and said all the right things but I think his "window" is closing.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote