View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008   #112
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You've used the "AJ clause" before IIRC, and it sounds good on the surface...but it doesn't justify/rationalize the fact that Schaub looked less and less like the QB he was in the first game. Heck, the SECOND game was less stellar than the first (even if only a little bit). Each game, just looking at him, seemed like he was sinking a little. Only a spectacular second half vs. Panthers saved him in that game--In all actuality, he had earned a loss in that game if we set aside the homer in all of us. A Panthers special team fumble and resulting Texans TD saved that game. Give Marciano's crew the "W" in that one, IMO.
What planet were you on when you watched the Carolina game? Schaub was 20-28, 227 yards, 2TDs, no interceptions and no sacks; he was better in that game than he was against KC in week one.

After we fell behind 14-0 (thanks, in part, to a Daniels fumble), Schaub led us on 3 straight scoring drives to take a 17-14 halftime lead. It would have been 21-14 if not for a BS grounding call. On the opening possession of the third quarter, Schaub led another TD drive--24 points on four consecutive possessions. The special teams TD came on the ensuing kickoff and ended the game, but Schaub put us up by 10 points before that play.

If you believe Schaub "earned a loss" against Carolina, I can only shake my head. If that was a bad performance by Matt, then I shudder to imagine what would constitute a good performance . . .
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote