View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008   #107
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I like FiloGirl's statement about letting the best QB win the job. Unfortunately it's not how it works around here. In Houston, if you have the higher paycheck...you're the starting QB. Makes no sense to me, but it's how it has traditionally worked in Houston. Competition is only good for all other positions; the QB job is always "awarded" and never fought for.

And that's hindering our team, IMO.
Care to give me a team on which the highest paid QB isn't starting? Don't give me Brady, he came in when Bledsoe punctured a lung and the team was rolling. Don't talk about something like the Warner situation. That's the way the league works. Do you really think that it does the team any good to have half of them wanting one QB to start and the other half aligned with a second option? Did Schaub do anything to lose the job last year? Don't give me injuries... I don't think you can be assumed an injury risk after one year. EVERYONE in the NFL thinks this guy can play. The reason I would take a second rounder for Sage is not EVERYONE in the NFL is thinking this kid could be something.

With the exception of high 1st round picks who are sitting and watching, cases where there is a huge disparity in the quality of play or you have two bad QBs, the highest guy is going to play ANYWHERE.

The only thing that makes me biased for Matt is that he is younger. We'll know a lot after this year.

And you may be right, the best QB may not be on the roster yet... but if he is its not Sage.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote