View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008   #102
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
WHAT?!?!?

It doesn't exist? LOL. Whatever, dude.

I'll have a rebuttal in a second. I need to rest from laughing so hard.

Here's the short version:

Brady has won more Super Bowls than Schaub or Sage put together.

Same for Big Ben.

Same for Manning.

Heck, those Qbs have won more games and more playoff games than ours.

But "they don't exist." Riiiight.

Think a little bit on it.
So much comedy gold, so little time.

If you are going to compare the careers of Brady, Peyton and Roethliwhatever to Schaubenfels, please note that those three have been starters for almost a combined quarter-century. Schaubenfels have had the reigns of the Texans for precisely one season. So pardon them for not doing in 1 year what those other three have done in 23.

When you find that magic wand that will make one of those three materialize onto our roster (actually, I'm not convinced that I would take Big Ben over Schaub), please let me borrow it so that I can similarly enhance my bank account. Or are you one of those who thinks we might be able to swing a deal for Brady involving C.C. Brown, the rights to Tony Boselli, a fourth-round pick and a bucket of wings? Or, to put a finer point on it, for two second-rounders?

So, sure, I grant that there is such a thing as a "franchise NFL quarterback". But if you are going to define failure at the position as anything that falls below the level of Brady/Peyton, then, well, neither I nor any other QB around can help you.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote