View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008   #100
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
WHAT?!?!?

It doesn't exist? LOL. Whatever, dude.

I'll have a rebuttal in a second. I need to rest from laughing so hard.

Here's the short version:

Brady has won more Super Bowls than Schaub or Sage put together.

Same for Big Ben.

Same for Manning.

Heck, those Qbs have won more games and more playoff games than ours.

But "they don't exist." Riiiight.

Think a little bit on it.
Look, my point is that all QBs owe their success to how well they mesh with the system they are in, the talent around them, and their work ethic. If any of those pieces are lacking, they won't succeed. Take anybody you want to mention and surround them with our 2005 team and they'd lose too.

Any of the guys you mentioned took their lumps until all the pieces fell into place. The exceptions were Big Ben and Brady who happened to step into situations where all the pieces were already there. All they had to do was not screw things up.

Anyone - ANYone - brought in to the Texans will have to learn the Kubiak/Shanahan offense and that will take time. So no one you bring in here will be "100% no-miss" right away.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 06-16-2008 at 12:04 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote