View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008   #84
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

I feel bad for Sage because there are definitely NOT 32 quarterbacks in the league who are better than him. Problem is that he's stuck on a team with someone who is. That is, of course, my opinion.

While we all want competition at every position, uncertainty at QB (even if it is between two good players) can retard the growth and development of the offense. You want your first-team offense playing with your first-team QB as much as possible before the season. This is why Kubiak publicly proclaimed Schaub the starter: he wants it known that he expects Schaub to be the leader of the offense and, hopefully, the entire team. No public distractions, and everyone on the offense will have plenty of time to know how Matt runs the show.

That said, if Sage plays circles around Matt in training camp and the preseason, my guess is he will take the opening snap in Pittsburgh. But he's going to have to clearly show he is the better option; any doubt will be resolved in Matt's favor.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote