View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008   #82
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i just noticed this and had to comment because its plain wrong.. you really should watch other qb's play more.. we have two good qbs that are very capable of starting on alot of teams

imo schaub will be a franchise/top 10 qb if he can stay healthy. sage is similiar to schaub in that both are very smart and efficient but schaub adds a more vertical passing/big play element to the passing game... sage doesnt offer that as much imo and is more of a game manger (and a very good one at that- which you can win with- see the giants etc) sage would still be a good starter due to his smarts..

neither are 'backups' in their level of play
I think Schaub is eventually going to get injured again, and I think it's a repeat of last year. And then we're really going to see people vehemently demanding that we get a franchise QB from the draft or via trade--Not a project guy, not a "possible" starter, etc.

I am just guessing that, after this season, fans will stop begging for us to build our OL...and we're going to see a charge led for a 100% franchise-type, no-miss QB however we would be able to get one.

We're getting enough depth at other positions that we can afford to gamble on a high-profile QB.