View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008   #75
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Its a pet peeve of mine when people say Sage proved he is not a starter in Miami. He started only 2 games for them. 2 games is not enough of a sample size to determine a player's ability. Not to mention, Sage actually did have some success in Miami. In 2005 he entered a game with his team down 23-3. Sage stepped in and led them on a comeback, the Dolphins won that game 24-23.

What matters is what Sage has done in Houston. Every opportunity he's been given he has shown promise. I remember watching the preseason games back when DCarr was here, and it was obvious Sage was the better QB of the two. Still Carr got the starts while Sage looked on. Sage was brought to sub for Carr vs the Titans and of course he led another heroic comeback effort. Dude has stepped up every time. He has won games for us as a starter and as a backup. I do not tolerate hating on Sage because he has done everything you could ask and more.

Sage is a starting caliber QB. Rosenfels > Grossman, Smith, Jackson, Croyle, McCown. If they are good enough to start, there is no way that Sage is not good enough to start. But i reiterate, i am very happy we have him even in the backup role.