View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008   #70
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

There are good arguments both pros and cons for Sage. Same goes for Schaub.

The thing that cannot be denied is that we have seen more (good things) out of them than in the previous year.

In Schaub's case, he had removed doubts about an unknown quality.

Therefore, I said they have both improved.
And as long as I see that, I would stay with them as our QBs, and believe that they can be at least a notch above the title "game manager", until they prove otherwise.

Take Carr for example, I gave him a lot of slack because we were a new franchise and were lacking skill players everywhere.
But when he start regressing after promising us than he won't make bad decision to throw into a crowd anymore, yet did exactly just that on the field. That's where it ends.

Right now, both Sage and Schaub are on the upward curb, despite what the numbers show.
Even great veteran QBs (not too old) have years when their numbers are down. But you can't say they have stopped improving.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote