View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008   #63
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I ask you this question. Is he really improving? comp%, ypa, INT/TD ratio and ratings are all down.

Here's the real problem I see. The statistical data isn't really sufficient to support either of our arguments. If you watch him on the field we may have two different takes on him.

I can't site individual instances any more but I might be able to go and look up what I've written in the past. But while his completion % is relatively high, his accuracy doesn't seem to be that great. I know I know, that's a borderline oxymoron, but I've said it before. Sage's completions don't allow the receiver to run after the catch. If you look at YAC/COMP, Sage is 39th in the league. The receiver gained over two yards less than Brett Farve. Of the 38 QBs in the chart, 30 fall between 4.4 and 5.9 yards. Of the remaining 8, all of them except Kyle Boller are above 4. Kyle and Sage are the only guys below 4 yac/completion with Sage at 3.7. Again these are per completion not attempt.

Incomplete post. Its 4:00 and time for me to head to the house. If my ADHD doesn't take over I'll finish it when I get to the house.

Mike
This certainly could easily be attributed to the fact that due to our line, our running game and our limited offensive package, all of which essentially was geared (by necessity) for the QB to get the ball out of his hands ASAP. Not allowing time for a play to develop also limits the separation receivers can manage in order to find open space after a catch.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote