View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008   #56
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I don't know if you remember us in the redzone with Schaub in the game but we were very very shaky. Its understandable, especially with a new team and system etc. The field shrinks and time becomes more and more crucial. And I didn't say I don't think he can get it fixed. Just that it doesn't matter what you do in the first 80 yards of the field, for the most part its that last 20 that determines how many games you win. We can't go Lee Evans on everyone every game.

Mike
I think you're letting a couple of bad plays in the red zone influence your opinion WAY too much. Early in the season, Matt had a couple of questionable throws. After he tried to force one against the Panthers, he got a little reticent and that hesitation look like it caused a turnover against the Colts (after Jacoby's great punt return.)

But overall, he could have been better and I expect him to be better but I think he was far from "abysmal."
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote