View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008   #53
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
IMO the potential for 'disaster' with Schaub is his ability to stay healthy, not his ability. We invested two 2nd's, a fat contract, and several years that are very important to the growth of the franchise into this kid. If he can't stay healthy, as with any player who can't stay healthy, it's a bust for the team. Now, I still have hope and believe that as our running game and line play improve, he'll get hit less and stay healthy. On the other hand, I'll be holding my breath next year because Schaub was seemingly dinged up basically all year last season with one injury or another, culminating in his should injury.

Despite great potential, a player can only help you if they can stay on the field, and until Schaub can prove that he's capable of that I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
I don't know if you remember us in the redzone with Schaub in the game but we were very very shaky. Its understandable, especially with a new team and system etc. The field shrinks and time becomes more and more crucial. And I didn't say I don't think he can get it fixed. Just that it doesn't matter what you do in the first 80 yards of the field, for the most part its that last 20 that determines how many games you win. We can't go Lee Evans on everyone every game.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote