Thread: DeMeco Chat
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008   #27
Polo

Default Re: DeMeco Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I've never disregarded the stunt. I specifically mentioned that sometimes the defense dictates itself, that means they have decided to do certain thing regardless whether it's a pass or running play.

When they stunt, it was simply an exchange of positions of D-linemen.
That's not completely accurate...

Stunts don't always involve D-linemen....most of them will, but LB's are often involved in stunts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

1. I would assume that the flow of the O-linemen more often will be to the weak side (the left), so that our TE on the strong side (the opposite side) can pick up the LDE. If we have the FB in there, he could help, or he could take on any extra defender close to the LOS on the strong side.
Quote:
They key point is how to take care of the guy attacking the C gap (outside the LT).
These two statements are confusing in my mind....You go from talking about containing the DE on the strongside to worrying about the DE on the backside...

The O-line is going to "flow" to whatever direction the fake is in...How the defense is lined up does not determine which way the linemen are going to go in a ZBS...

I still am lost as to what you are saying....

I don't need to review any plays because I have a perect visual in my head of how the ZBS works...I'm not the guru that Alex Gibbs or anyone else that has been involved in it for years is, but I do know how it's supposed to be blocked...I played in a ZBS for 6 years counting highschool and college...

I know that different football people use differnt terminology and I'm just trying to understand what you're saying here because it's not making sense to me...

When you say "drop pass" are you talking about a str8 drop back/no roll out ?

Just because a QB makes a playfake doesn't mean that it being blocked like a ZBS run play would be....

Honestly the only kind of ZBS play that the lineman are going to fake when you pass is the stretch...

Every other play action pass (besides a few special ones like the flea flicker) will be pretty generic in how it's blocked up front....