Thread: DeMeco Chat
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeMeco Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Honestly I have no idea what you are trying to say in this post...

A stunt is done immediately at the snap of the ball...

Whether it's run or pass really has nothing to do with it...

When defenders stunt they aren't really reading...They are just attacking gaps trying to get penetration...
I've never disregarded the stunt. I specifically mentioned that sometimes the defense dictates itself, that means they have decided to do certain thing regardless whether it's a pass or running play.

When they stunt, it was simply an exchange of positions of D-linemen.
Wherever they decide to penetrate they will still be met by a blocker in that train.
The same principle applies.

They key point is how to take care of the guy attacking the C gap (outside the LT).
That guy can be a DE or in case of a stunt, a DT.

There might be a LB or Safety coming on from that side as well.

For visual aid, I suggest that you review the two plays:
1. Mario sacked Cutler
2. Finnegan sacked MS
Both times were drop pass with the defender acctacking the C gap.
(In these instances, the blind side of a Right-handed QB).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote