View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

I've been pegged as a Sage apologist, and I haven't posted on this in probably two or three months.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about WHICH guy is better/best...I think you have to be honest with yourself and at least prepare yourself for the big hit that Schaub is probably going to take (at some point), and then what do you think is going to happen?

Sage is going to run the offense. And technically, he'll probably start a game or two in Matt's absence. But with the shoulder injury Matt had...and the types of defenses we face in Indy-Jax-Tenn (twice for each team), not to mention the Steelers and the Ravens, I just think Sage is going to find himself on the field at some point.

So there's no need for him to get anxious about "if" he'll be starter; it's more of a "when" situation. Yet I bet he'd like to go into a season with the tag of being named the starter (which is proably what he's referrig to). I have ZERO faith that Schaub can last the season. It's not a deal of me being a hater. It's a deal of probabilities. And, to the credit of a lot of posters here: Sage HAS had his chances and he's a hit or miss guy. I won't argue it.