Thread: DeMeco Chat
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeMeco Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
If you want to check out the DeMeco chat from the Chron, here it is:

DeMeco Chat

A couple of interesting things in there. Here's what jumped out at me:

I think that what I've bolded is the biggest change we will see with the offense. When I heard Kyle Shanahan speak on this subject when he first was with the team, he talked a lot about this. When he was with the Bucs, he actually tried to get Jon Gruden to change some of the offensive line blocking to make it harder to guess run versus pass.

He talked a lot about how defenses start guessing run because the blocking *feels* the same and then they get surprised by the pass and are out of position.
Heh. Right after the chat I went straight to my site and posted about the very same line RE: the pass/run blocking.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote