View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008   #83
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

This is the most telling quote IMO....

Quote:
(on how hard it is when they like a player like Spencer to take emotion out of a roster decision) “Well, and that’s it: You’d like to say it’s business, but I don’t think you ever make a purely business decision. And so you see a kid working hard the way he has worked and you want to give him every opportunity, but like you said, at some point we’ve got 80 guys who’ll go to training camp and we can’t afford to have a bunch of guys standing around because we’ve already got one in Dunta (Robinson) that’s going to count, so we’re down to 79 and you can’t have very many guys that are counting that won’t practice. So it’s tough.”
I could be wrong but this tells me that Spencer's got until T/C opens to be ready to play or he's out.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote