View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008   #79
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I haven't played football since middle school, but I remember one of the first lessons I was taught at fullback was to run over anyone who was in front of me, even if it was one of my own guys. Coach said that if my blockers weren't getting enough push to make a lane for me, maybe getting run over by their own player would be enough motivation to do it next time.

I don't see how the blame lays on Dayne for that one.
Now I don't feel so bad about my center getting all ticked off because I supposedly kept "spearing" him, lol. In his defense, though, he got speared because he always got a further push upfield than any other linemen, but there was no hole at all--EVER. I just plowed the lane and plowed right into whatever was in the way at the back of it. Then we'd run a sweep, and instead of running all the way to the sideline, I'd run outside of the tackle and then turn upfield and plow right into whatever defender was in my way (I had a lot to learn, lol).

What I don't remember doing is falling on the back of any lineman's knee. I was too busy sticking my helmet in their backs.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote