View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008   #78
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

Post OTA quotes from Rick Smith on Spencer

Quote:
(on what the team will do with T/G Charles Spencer) “Well, we don’t know. We’ve got a lot of conversations to have between now and training camp. His rehab process has gone slow, and we had hoped that it would have been a little bit better at this point and so from a lot of standpoints, that’s a little disappointing. But we’re going to continue to be patient with Charles and give him every opportunity that we can to make it back.”

(on how hard it is when they like a player like Spencer to take emotion out of a roster decision) “Well, and that’s it: You’d like to say it’s business, but I don’t think you ever make a purely business decision. And so you see a kid working hard the way he has worked and you want to give him every opportunity, but like you said, at some point we’ve got 80 guys who’ll go to training camp and we can’t afford to have a bunch of guys standing around because we’ve already got one in Dunta (Robinson) that’s going to count, so we’re down to 79 and you can’t have very many guys that are counting that won’t practice. So it’s tough.”
Kubiak on Spencer
Quote:
on doing anything with T/G Charles Spencer) “No. We are still going to take our time with that. As I told you before, I would have loved to have done some things on the field to make me feel better about our verdict, I should say. But it is what it is. It. The kid’s not there yet, not ready to get his feet turned loose with these guys. We’ve got six weeks here, a little less than six weeks. We’ll keep pushing him and see where he’s at.”
So it seems that Spencer has until the start of camp, or until the Texans need the roster spot, to show he's ready for two-a-days and contact.