View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008   #69
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Man, you fat guys really stick together!!

First, I can't imagine what would still be in the process of healing after 22 months. If he's struggling due to condition, that's not going to change with another year away from football. If he is having problems with his knee and/or leg still, it's not going away. So, if he can't participate in football activities this year (at least training camp and practice squad), I think it's almost assured that his career is done.
but i think that the issue is time and roster spots more than anything else. i agree that any injury should be fully healed by now. so i doubt that is a factor specifically. i think it's weather or not he is worth a roster spot in TC due to the uncertainty of his situation

. I think it's hard to answer that question because he's only been active for four weeks. (mini camp plus OTA's). for whatever reason he wasn't in a position to participate with the team during the course of that time. (i'm still not clear on if it was an issue of his injury, his "football shape" or his mind.)

i think what the organization is struggling with is "do we cut this guy or do we hope he can come around during TC?" but they've made it clear that they are very unsure. it seems unlikely that they would keep someone that they are unsure about. except that Spencer has alot of potential theoretically. and how do you weigh his theoretical potential against someone that is physically 100% but has talent unknowns?

needless to say, it's a tough decision. i think that's why the intend to "push him" on monday or tuesday and somehow magically they will have all the info they need to make the right decision.

by the way, i did realize i was fat about a month ago. i broke 180 for the first time in my life. i'm proud to say i'm back down around 177 now. phwew. but god i love pizza. so very much....
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote